The Fabyan Villa Museum and Japanese Garden are located approximately 42 miles west of Chicago in Geneva in the Fabyan West Forest Preserve (1.25 miles south of downtown Geneva). The Preserve entrance is on the east side of Route 31 (a.k.a. Batavia Avenue), just north of Fabyan Parkway.
From the West – Take I-88 East. Take Rt. 31 (Batavia Avenue) exit and turn left going north. Take Rt. 31 just past Fabyan Parkway. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is the first right, immediately after the intersection.
From the East – Take I-88 West to the Farnsworth exit and exit North. Farnsworth will become Kirk Rd after you cross Butterfield Road. Take Kirk Rd to Fabyan Parkway and make a left, going west. Take Fabyan Pkwy to Rt. 31 (Batavia Avenue) and make a right, going north, onto Rt. 31. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is the first right, immediately after the intersection.
From the North – Take Rt. 31 going south. Travel on Rt. 31 to just past Fargo Blvd. and just before the Fabyan Parkway intersection. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is on the left, immediately before the intersection.
From the South – Take Rt. 31 going north. Travel on Rt. 31 to just past the Fabyan Parkway intersection. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is the first right, immediately after the intersection.
Parking for the Villa Museum and Japanese Garden is located north of the main parking lot, near the restroom building and picnic pavilion. Follow signs posted in the parking lots. Visitors may then walk along the service road leading from the auxiliary lot to the Garden gate and Villa pathway.
- A walk through the Japanese Garden will take 10-20 minutes during public hours. Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
- Please be aware before you plan your trip, the Garden path is packed mulch and crushed gravel with several grade changes and a set of stairs. Advance arrangements can be made for drop-off at the sites’ entrance for people in wheelchairs. Click here for assistance and more information on accessibility while visiting the Kane County Forest Preserve District sites. Please contact the KCFP ADA Coordinator at Voice: (630) 444-3095 or (630) 232-5980; TTY Relay: (800) 526-0844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the Japanese Garden.
- Public restrooms are adjacent to the parking lot.
- Personal photography of the Japanese Garden with handheld cameras is permitted during public hours. The Kane County Forest Preserve District does NOT allow portrait, group, staged, special occasion and professional photography during public hours on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday afternoons. Photography requiring props, extra photo equipment such as light screens and/or clothing changes is not permissible during public hours and falls within the staged photography rule. Reservations are required for these types of photography and are available through the Kane County Forest Preserve Reservation Office. Call 630-232-1242 or email email@example.com. Docents and/or staff will ask groups to leave if said groups are violating the staged photography rules set in place by the Kane County Forest Preserve District.