The Fabyan Villa Museum and Japanese Garden are located approximately 42 miles west of Chicago in Geneva in the Fabyan West Forest Preserve 1.25 miles south of downtown Geneva. The Forest Preserve entrance is on the east side of Route 31 (a.k.a. Batavia Avenue), just north of Fabyan Parkway.
From the West – Take I-88 East. Take Rt. 31 (Batavia Avenue) exit and turn left going north. Take Rt. 31 just past Fabyan Parkway. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is the first right, immediately after the intersection.
From the East – Take I-88 West to the Farnsworth exit and exit North. Farnsworth will become Kirk Rd after you cross Butterfield Road. Take Kirk Rd to Fabyan Parkway and make a left, going west. Take Fabyan Pkwy to Rt. 31 (Batavia Avenue) and make a right, going north, onto Rt. 31. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is the first right, immediately after the intersection.
From the North – Take Rt. 31 going south. Travel on Rt. 31 to just past Fargo Blvd. and just before the Fabyan Parkway intersection. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is on the left, immediately before the intersection.
From the South – Take Rt. 31 going north. Travel on Rt. 31 to just past the Fabyan Parkway intersection. The entrance to the Fabyan Forest Preserve is the first right, immediately after the intersection.
Parking for the Villa Museum and Japanese Garden is located north of the main parking lot, near the restroom building and picnic pavilion. Follow signs posted in the parking lots. Visitors may then walk along the service road leading from the auxiliary lot to the Garden gate and Villa pathway.
- Please allow 40- 45 minutes for guided tours of the Fabyan Villa Museum. Tours generally begin on the 1/2 hour.
- The Villa is approximately 1 1/2 blocks from the parking lot of the Forest Preserve. A paved road leads from the parking lot to a stepped and gravel hill path below the Villa.
- Personal photography of the Villa is limited to the exterior. Commercial photography of the Museum is available by appointment only.
- The Fabyan Villa Museum is not wheelchair accessible. Access into the Villa Museum is by stairs only. The Garden path is packed mulch and crushed gravel with several grade changes. Advance arrangements can be made for drop-off at the sites’ entrance.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the Fabyan Villa.
- There are no public restrooms in the museum.